Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Blog Post 3!


Hey guys, M.R. Cull here! 
(If you haven't subscribed to my newsletter, please do that here:
https://tinyletter.com/TerraverseCo )

Welcome to this week's edition of the Terraverse Blog! 

Did everyone have a good New Years? I think mine was alright. 


Today I want to talk to you about Winter. 

Do you like Winter? I thought I did. 

I used to be able to withstand the cold without any warm clothing at all. 

But something happens every single December without fail: I get sick. 

I'd be fine all year, but once December hits, I'd catch a cold or something. Maybe it's seasonal allergies. Maybe it's the change in humidity in the air. I don't know. All I know is that I don't like being sick. 

Can't imagine anyone likes being sick. 

I noticed something new this year however. A ringing in my left ear that was far louder than normal. 

I did not much care for it. And sought to do anything in my power to get rid of it. I changed my diet, I took some supplements, anything I could think of that might help. From what I understand, it's a symptom of another issue that I do not yet know what it might be. 

All I know is I get headaches alot now. My sinuses are really peeved this Winter. I rarely get headaches anymore. But now I do, and alot of them. 

I am waiting for winter to be over. For spring to get here, and for this nightmare to end. 

~~~~


On a high note. I've begun work on Book 2: Wrath of the Assassin! 
Converting my old version of book 2 into the new formatting (lots more content but a condensed page count) put my total document at just shy of 100 pages. 

That's okay. Because I have alot more content to add to this puppy to make her about 300 pages, same as the first! 


You'll meet alot of interesting characters in this one. Some of them are dear friends of mine that I've been writing with for years. I am very pleased to get to use them in an official published book at long last. 

I have some updates for you, though. 


In case you did not subscribe to my newsletter. I now have a Pinterest and Instagram account!

I am going to do a new thing with the Pinterest account. It's not going to be as active as my twitter or facebook account, no. But I will use Pinterest as a sort of catalog. 


What do I mean? I'm all over the place, let me see if I can explain this. 

Basically, what I want to do is: If you purchase my book, and you want to be featured/officially acknowledged by me, the Author. Email me with a picture of you holding my Paperback, or a screenshot of the download of my Ebook. 

I will then ask your permission to use said image plus a URL to find your facebook/social media page and then post it on my Pinterest Thread under the Terraverse! 

This will be my way of not only thanking you, but to get readers of this series connected with one another, talk about your favourite characters, what might come next, etc. 

I am hoping to make of the Terraverse a community of people who are fans of fantasy and just general entertainment. I have great plans for this series. Maybe a video game if I can get a deal made somewhere! Or a show! 

But right now? We're doing books. 

If you want to see this grow into something. I will need YOUR help and support. 

Any funds I make off royalties from these books will go towards this company I plan to build. It will go towards advertising, getting better quality for future books, such as professional editing done, expanding the Terraverse community into maybe a Youtube channel, a Podcast, Vlogging, and more! 

Right now we're just getting started, and I need YOUR help to spread the word. Tell everyone you know that I have a book out. Tell them where to find it. We need to make of this series something great. Together there is NOTHING we can't do! 

~~~~~~

Anyways. This podcast didn't have too much new stuff that I didn't already put in my Newsletter, but I WILL be using this Blog for FAQs. 

One such question I received is Autographs. Will I be doing Autographs? Well, right now I have no concrete way of doing that due to a lack of funds to get my own site set up, etc. 

But here's what I've told family members: Want a signed copy? Grab a paperback, and contact me asking me to sign it. If you can make it out here to where I live, I'll happily sign your copy in person. 

I might do things at the local Bookstore, too! I do not know yet, but I'll be keeping you posted! I have some ideas with my local College I am an Alumni with that I can try. But I gotta wait for them to get back from Winter Break, first! 

I'm sorry I can't do much more with Signed copies than that. But like, if you're willing to mail me your copy, I will happily sign it and send it back to you. But I doubt too many people want to do that. Too much work! 

For ebooks, there isn't much in the way of Autographing, is there? No. But if you show me your proof of purchase. I can personally thank you in a message, or something/announce it on my Newsletter? I mean, it's something! 

Let's get interacted with one another, people. I'm your friend, not a stranger! 

You can email me with questions, fan art, suggestions, images of your paperback, etc. at m.r.cull@aol.com

~~~~~

Now, let's get links to everything set up here: 

Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/TerraverseCo/

Twitter: 
https://www.twitter.com/TerraverseCo

Blog: 
https://terrraversecoblog.blogspot.com/

Pinterest: 
https://www.pinterest.com/mrcull/the-terraverse/

Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/terraverseco/

I am most active on Twitter. I'll respond to most messages there. And if you retweet something of mine. I'll TRY to do the same for you if you're an author. If you follow me, you're guaranteed almost 100% of the time (unless I didn't see your name on my notifications) that I will follow you back. 

The same can be said about my FB and Instagram. Though I am not as active on FB, if you like my page, you can message me with a link to yours if you are an Author, I will like your page in return. 

Follows on instagram are NOT guaranteed a follow back instantly. I will not be using it all the time. But when I do, I will go through who has followed me and I will try to return the favour. 


Anyways. Thank you all for the support and for keeping up with all of my madness. You guys are the best! 

Take the best of care of yourselves! 

With all Sincerity, 

M.R. Cull

P.S!
Shoutout to Meagan for purchasing my book and taking an image of it! I've posted it on my Pinterest! Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment